Country-wide quick charging network
The purpose of the charging infrastructure project is to create an all-Estonian network of quick chargers. Quick chargers of electric cars are everywhere all over Estonia to ensure sufficient freedom of movement for all users of electric cars.
Legend:Operational quick charger Currently charging Quick charger under technical maintenance
Charging points are distributed as follows:
- All roads with dense traffic are covered
- The distance between quick charging points is 40-60 km Suitable and frequently visited places are considered as locations for quick charging stations, e.g. petrol stations, cafes, shops, etc.
- Ports servicing international private transport and local travel ports
- All settlements with over 5000 inhabitants
- In towns, charging points are built in locations where people move anyway – for example, next to shopping centres, petrol stations, post offices, bank buildings, parking lots, etc.
There is 165 quick chargers in Estonia. 100 quick chargers are in towns and 65 by roads. Out of larger towns, 27 quick chargers will be in Tallinn, 10 in Tartu, 5 in Pärnu and 2 in Narva.